Wawanesa shall make readily available to Customers specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
8.1 Wawanesa is open about its policies and practices with respect to the management of personal information. A Customer will be able to acquire information about Wawanesa's policies and practices without unreasonable effort. This information will be made available in a form that is generally understandable.
8.2 The information made available will include the following:
- the contact information of an individual to whom complaints or inquiries, including inquiries concerning
- Wawanesa's collection of personal information; or
- the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by service providers outside Canada on Wawanesa's behalf;
- the means of gaining access to personal information held by Wawanesa;
- a description of the type of personal information held by Wawanesa, including a general account of its use;
- a copy of any brochures or other information explaining Wawanesa's policies, standards or procedures; and
- what personal information is made available to related organizations such as subsidiaries.
8.3 Wawanesa may make information concerning its policies and practices available in a variety of ways. For example, Wawanesa may choose to make brochures available at its (or its brokers') places of business, mail information to its Customers, provide online access, or establish a toll free telephone number.